Sunday, September 27, 2009

RSO visit


I just spent a weekend at Rising Star Outreach and was amazed at all the progress that has happened there in the year since I last saw it. There is a playground, a new building, a new septic system, new paint, a new hostel, and - the most amazing of all - potable water from some of the taps.

All my dear little friends there are learning well, and seem to be happy in their newly certified school. I loved spending a couple days with these kids. Smart, talented, and just good. I can't wait to see where they will be in 15 years.

The people that are largely responsible for the changes of the past year? Ron and Joyce Hanson. They are both graduates of Stanford and have done very well for themselves. But rather than spending their time at a California beach house, they live in the boonies of India in a small apartment with faulty power. They have sacrificed a lot, but I can't help but think of the hundreds of people their selfless service have inspired, including myself. The Hansons are just extremely kind people who care about individuals. And one by one, they are making the world better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers