Wednesday, September 16, 2009

hired.


9/15/09. I’ve been pretty focused on how I was going to make the numbers work lately and I guess I kinda forgot of one of the biggest reasons we are starting Nivi Empowerment Initiative in the first place – to help people. I got a reminder of that today as we hired on our first worker, Rabekha. Nickesh and I talked with her, and her 16-year-old son Daniel.

They live in an extremely small apartment and are struggling to make ends meet. Rabekha's husband is a good worker, but recently crushed his foot while moving a fridge so she is searching for a job to pay the bills, and pay for Daniel's schooling. Her family was beaming when they found out she had a job.

Pictured: Patrick John (Rabekha's father), Reabekha, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers