Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Skirts, manliness, some setup notes

(I typed this out while on the plane, and am posting it now that I have internet access.)

September 11th, 2009

Well, the 8th of September turned into the 11th of September which turns out to be tomorrow. The last few days have been a whirlwind, but a lot has been done. Still not READY, but the flight is leaving so I guess I am too.

I've spent the last few days trying to understand what makes a good skirt. I even spent a couple hours fabric shopping with my mom so that I could understand what fabrics are good for skirts. Don't worry though, I wore my AC/DC shirt and kept a puzzled look on my face so that nobody in the fabric store thought I was a regular. Manliness still in tact...

Scott spent some time interviewing random ladies in Arizona about what makes a good skirt, talking to his wife Karalee about skirts, and probably other people too. Also giving invaluable input to the skirt design was Aimee Hickey, Ali Bolen, Ari Winegar, Sara Kimball, Ashley Clawson, Terese Demler, Heather Rigby, Jan Bangerter, Jessica Swenson, Ronda Caywood, Liz Castaneda, Nicole Caywood, Andrea Doakes, Whitney Winegar, and lots of others, and more to come. If I forgot you on this list, don’t hate me. I forgot lots of people, so that puts you in the majority. Plus, I haven't slept nearly enough for the past couple days.

I can't even hardly dress myself so it was good to have input from people who know what looks good. Thank you all. Oh, and I have to say that Jose Castaneda helped with the design a lot too.

Nickesh has been putting in some hard work in India to get this set up. India has been hit by the recession too, and lots of women are desperate for work. Just through word of mouth, in about 24 hours we have five women that have said they want to sew for us. The first meeting with them is on Tuesday. I'm excited for that meeting. I'm excited to tell them that we can pay them a fair wage AND help out their families.

More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers